Monday, September 7, 2009

QUOTES ON FRIENDSHIP -COMPLIED BY SIMRAN KHARUNA

True friends are worth cherishing. A person who is there for you at your time of need is your real fortune.

Henry Ford

My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.

Dale Carnegie

You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.

Duc de la Rochefoucauld

It is more shameful to distrust one's friends than to be deceived by them.

Dave Tyson Gentry

True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable.

Albert Camus

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.

Oscar Wilde

A true friend stabs you in the front.

Abraham Lincoln

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?

Walter Winchell

A friend is one who walks in when others walk out.

Oscar Wilde

Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend's success.

Lee Iacocca

My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life.

Samuel Johnston

True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice.

Jerome Cummings

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.

Dana Scully, The X-Files

Well, it seems to me that the best relationships - the ones that last - are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself.

Kevin Arnold, The Wonder Years

All our young lives we search for someone to love. We chose partners, change partner...all the while wondering of there's someone, somewhere who might be searching for us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is to be a friend.

Irish Blessing

May there always be work for your hands to do,
may your purse always hold a coin or two.
May the sun always shine on your windowpane,
may a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you,
may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment