Monday, August 31, 2009

MIGRATION OF TELUGUS TO MALAYSIA

Malaysian Telugus have migrated to this country as Traders during the Sri Vijaya Period from the Kalinga Pradesham in Andhra. Second, they came during 19th and 20 th century as clerks and indentured labourers. There are also more than 5000 Telugu professionals who have come to Malaysia in the 90's and 2000's.

In my article on 'The Five Generation of Telugus in Malaysia' there are some gaps I need to fill. I will appreciate if you could inform me thru the comment column the following:-

i. THE NAME OF THE VILLAGE YOUR ANCESTORS HAVE COME FROM
ii. THE NAME OF THE TINDAL (KANGANI) WHO BROUGHT YOUR PARENTS HERE
iii. THE NAME OF THE ESTATE YOU SETTLED FIRST
iv. YOUR FAMILY SURNAME

Thank you

3 comments:

  1. Anjali Devi Kuala LumpurAugust 31, 2009 at 1:56 PM

    1.My ancestors have come from Bailipuram, Vijayanagaram.
    2.My grandfather ParasuRam was one of the tindals who brought labour force largely from Vijayanagaram area.
    3.Most of the people he brought were placed in Gomali Estate, Johore
    4. My family name is Kenguva

    Source:Anjali Devi Pendiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. My ancestors have come from Vengkipalem Village, Anakapalli, AP
    2. Murupindi Vengkatasamy was the tindal who brought my grandfather from AP.
    3. We were settled in Kuala Perak Estate,Lower perak
    4. My family surname is Adari

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. my ancestors from Anakapali , vishakapatnam
    2. my grandfather arrived from Burma at during anti indians riots or world war two.
    3. We settled in kampung teluk bharu, sungai sumun, perak.
    4. my family name is yellapu.

    currently i am settled in sungai petani

    ReplyDelete